Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Herbal Allergy Tea

i.cant.stop.sneezing.

I'm about to go crazy. I made two of my $32 air purifiers. One sits on Arianna's dresser. One follows me where I go. Living room during the day, bedroom at night. I take Zyrtec, Sudafed, Advil, and do nasal washes and sprays. I'm still sneezing, stuffy headed, and feeling wretched.

While on Pinterest, I found a recipe for a sore throat/allergy tea. The website is down now, but I was able to pick up a cached copy of the recipe. I tried it out and it's clearing me up fast!
 Ingredients:
1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
1 tablespoon dried sage
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried lavender
juice of 1/4 lemon
honey to taste (local, raw honey is best for allergies)

KITCHEN TIP: Freeze your ginger! Yeah, I know fresh is better, but I have had trouble grating ginger before, so when I picked up the frozen ginger I had saved from a recipe, I figured I'd try grating it frozen. It did so much easier!!
 Steep the ginger, sage, pepper, and lavender in a tea ball for five minutes. 
Add the honey and lemon juice which makes it quite pleasant. This tea is light but spicy, but has a kick that is kicking my allergies' butt (oops, bottom)!! Sinuses are clearing, no more sneezing, and I feel like I can get some stuff done today!

No comments:

Post a Comment