Friday, April 19, 2013

My $32 Air Purifier

I love the spring. And I hate it. The colors are absolutely beautiful. The pollen... not so much.

My allergies hate me. They make my life miserable at times. It's more than sneezing. Yesterday I woke up sneezing and went to bed sneezing. And sneezed all day in between. More than sneezing it's the itchy, watery, eyes that swell up to the point where I can't see straight. Wheezing, coughing, stuffy nose, I'm completely and utterly miserable. The best thing I can do is take two antihistamines and go to sleep. Not so easy when you've got three kids running around! A friend in my wonderful allergy mamas group on facebook shared a video from a university that showed how to make your own air purifier. With yesterday making the second severe attack in less than two weeks, I decided to go ahead and make this thing work...


The Ingredients:
 20 inch box fan in the seasonal area of WalMart $16.
Allergen Reduction HEPA filter $16.
Tape (I used masking tape, but I suppose you could use duct tape or anything that will hold for 3 months).

This is way too easy. You just tape the filter with the arrow pointing toward the fan to the back of the fan. Plug in and go. Within 30 minutes I could feel a difference! 

If you or your kids have allergies (3/5 of our family does) and you don't have the huge amount of money a big expensive air purifier costs, this is a great alternative!

4 comments:

  1. This gave me a bit of a laugh but I have to say that it's genius! Anyway, I have an air purifier and diffuser in the house to deal with my own allergies. Have you tried using essential oils? Lavender helps calm down some of my symptoms. -Karen @ Pure From Nature

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing. I bought an HEPA 2 yeas ago. it's about 55$ and it's still running now.
    I bought it at here .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many people buy primarily on price. Once in the desired price range, features or perceived features are considered. Also important is how a purifier looks.airpurifiersmoke.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came onto your blog while focusing just slightly submits. Nice strategy for next, I will be bookmarking at once seize your complete rises
    buying guide

    ReplyDelete